Yellowburst
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Back To My Senses.

The image on top is one of my favorite scenes. I wasn't expecting that I'll be joining the teenagers with the Twilight craze. (But for just a couple of weeks). 'Cause I am now back to my senses. It's actually a movie for 15-17 years old where love seems to be full of fantasy and idealism. I am not much of a fan of chick flicks but I was still very excited to watch it despite of the movie feedbacks. I didn't expect too much on the movie because I've always liked the book version though I liked it. The soundtrack is cool too. But for further consideration, it wasn't the kind of movie I'd want to spend my dough with on the big screen. DVD replays would be enough. It was actually a so-so movie but there's just something about it that would make you watch it repetitively. Maybe I was also carried away by the "kilig" factor of the movie. And yes, I liked Edward's character and that of Alice. Maybe I was also fascinated by the thought that someone like Edward Cullen would always be there when you need him. Quite considered as the modern knight in shining armor --- just like the forwarded text message that you would want the vampire with a shiny silver Volvo or the dialogue like "you're like my own personal brand of heroine" and the likes. But quite funny coz he's like a stalker on the movie. It could have been better if there were more vampire action scenes.
After watching the movie, I really had the urge to read Twilight. As expected, it's really better. There are plenty of "kilig" encounters and I liked it. There were also explanations why they've become vampires and why they chose to be "vegetarians" that don't hunt humans. Unexpectedly, I'm not that excited to read the other books, New Moon; Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Maybe if I read them, the urge would just be because of the curiosity of what will happen next. I didn't buy the books. It would actually be like collecting Sweet Valley High. With regards to that, I agree with Ala Paredes and other book lovers' commentary on the book. I still have the e-books with me but I'll just read them some other time.(Erratum: I made a mistake on the author. It's not Stephanie, it's Stephenie Meyer)
After watching the movie, I really had the urge to read Twilight. As expected, it's really better. There are plenty of "kilig" encounters and I liked it. There were also explanations why they've become vampires and why they chose to be "vegetarians" that don't hunt humans. Unexpectedly, I'm not that excited to read the other books, New Moon; Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Maybe if I read them, the urge would just be because of the curiosity of what will happen next. I didn't buy the books. It would actually be like collecting Sweet Valley High. With regards to that, I agree with Ala Paredes and other book lovers' commentary on the book. I still have the e-books with me but I'll just read them some other time.(Erratum: I made a mistake on the author. It's not Stephanie, it's Stephenie Meyer)
posted by li'l star at 2:40 PM
1 Comments:
..hey, the other books by stephenie meyer(new moon, eclipse, breaking dawn), they're awesome especially the last book.
..hehe.. thought you'd want to know..
..yeahh.. english.. pa'cheeseburger naman.. burger.. burger..
Post a Comment
<< Home